[BioC] hypergeometric enrichment of GO terms

Wolfgang Huber huber at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Aug 22 02:39:39 CEST 2006

Hi again,

I should have added that the example mentioned below does not tackle the
problem of selecting the 'most meaningful' category out of a set of
nested categories that are all enriched. That is hard problem and I am
not sure it has an objective solution. I have been doing it manually,
and for doing that recommend looking at a plot showing the GO graph
together with the enrichment p-values [like, for example, in Fig. 4 of
the vignette of the GOstats package "Using GO for Statistical Analyses".]

   Best wishes
	 Wolfgang