[BioC] split arrays

scholz@Ag.arizona.edu scholz at Ag.arizona.edu
Thu Sep 29 10:37:29 CEST 2005

Thanks, Robert. If I am understanding you correctly, you would advocate both
separate normalization AND separate linear modeling in the case where the two
arrays come from different batches and have no common probeset, correct? If I
was reading Gordon's reply to the other gentleman's email correctly, he was
suggesting separate normalization but not separate linear modeling for the
datasets. My question, which in retrospect was unclear, was about what the
advantages/disadvantages were to combining/separating the datasets for linear
modeling.

Matt