[BioC] Cannot find xml2-config

Marcelo Luiz de Laia mlaia at fcav.unesp.br
Mon Oct 17 16:57:21 CEST 2005

Hi All,

I am try to update my Bioconductor to new release (thank you, Seth, for
the best release and for increase the number of packages.
Congratulations to the whole BioC team for the new
release!) and try to install a few new packages.

But, I got this error:

checking for xml2-config... no
Cannot find xml2-config
ERROR: configuration failed for package 'XML'

I found (google search) a message from tony [1] suggesting to install
gnome xml.

I search with apt and got a lot of libs [2] related with gnome xml!

How I need to install in my debian kde environment???

Thank you

1. https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/bioconductor/2004-February/003683.html

2.
libxml++1.0-dev - A C++ interface to the GNOME XML library (libxml2)
libxml++1.0-doc - HTML interface documentation and examples for libxml++
libxml++1.0c2 - A C++ interface to the GNOME XML library (libxml2)
libxml++2.6-1c2 - A C++ interface to the GNOME XML library (libxml2)
libxml++2.6-dev - A C++ interface to the GNOME XML library (libxml2)
libxml++2.6-doc - HTML interface documentation and examples for libxml++
libxml-dev - Development files for the GNOME XML library
libxml1 - GNOME XML library
libxml2 - GNOME XML library
libxml2-dev - Development files for the GNOME XML library
python-libxml2 - Python bindings for the GNOME XML library
python2.2-libxml2 - Python 2.2 bindings for the GNOME XML library
python2.3-libxml2 - Python 2.3 bindings for the GNOME XML library
python2.4-libxml2 - Python 2.4 bindings for the GNOME XML
librarylibxml-libxml-perl - Perl module for using the GNOME libxml2 library
libxml-libxslt-perl - Perl module for using the GNOME libxslt library
libxml++1.0 - A C++ interface to the GNOME XML library (libxml2)
libxml++2.6 - A C++ interface to the GNOME XML library (libxml2)
libxml2-python2.3 - Python 2.3 bindings for the GNOME XML library -
dummy package for upgrade

Marcelo