[BioC] Affy autodownload cdf problem

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Wed Nov 30 17:53:11 CET 2005

Hi Sean,

Can you start R and send me the following output:

getOption("pkgType")
contrib.url("foo")

I think you should see mac.binary for pkgType and something like:
foo/bin/macosx/powerpc/contrib/2.2.  If not, are you using a
~/.Rprofile file or similar?

On 30 Nov 2005, sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov wrote:
>> eset <-
> justRMA(filenames=dir('../Results'),celfile.path='../Results',verbose=T)
> Warning: unable to access index for repository
> http://bioconductor.org/packages/bioc/1.7/bin/macosx/2.2 Warning:
> unable to access index for repository

The location of OS X binary packages in a CRAN-style repository (what
we use) changed recently and instead of bin/macosx/x.y it is
bin/macosx/powerpc/contrib/x.y.  I believe the change is in
anticipation of the intel-based macs that will, eventually, be out in
the wild.

+ seth