[BioC] Problems checking code for "computeExprSet"

Benjamin Otto b.otto at uke.uni-hamburg.de
Mon Nov 28 11:53:03 CET 2005

Hi,

can someone give me a hint how to check the code for the "computeExprSet"
function ?

I'm trying to snoop into the R code of the mas5 fucntions. Checking the code
for "mas5" and "expresso" has been no problem so far. But "computeExprSet"
turned out to be a standardGeneric object. So I checked the source like
this:

$> showMethods(computeExprSet)
$ Function "computeExprSet":
$ x = "AffyBatch", pmcorrect.method = "character", summary.method =
"character"
$>

and afterwards I tried to retrieve the code with

$> getMethod("computeExprSet", "AffyBatch")

But all I get is an error message :

$ Error in getMethod("computeExprSet", "AffyBatch") :
$        no method defined for function 'computeExprSet' and signature x =
"AffyBatch"

Has someone an idea what I'm doing wrong and how I can get to the function
code?

many thanks in advance,
Benjamin