[BioC] how to configure "pkgconfig"

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Mon Nov 14 17:00:21 CET 2005

Hi Bairong,

On 14 Nov 2005, brshen_fudan at yahoo.com wrote:
> Dear Steven:
>
> Thank you very much for the help, I have downloaded
> and installed pkg-cofig, can I have your help for the
> usage of pkg-config, since it is my first time to use
> pkg-config.
>
> Shoud I use ./configure 'pkg-config
> --with-graphviz=DIR ' or should I modify the
> configure.in file.

Can you post the output of R CMD INSTALL Rgraphviz_x.y.z.tar.gz
Rgraphviz should be detecting pkg-config.

Depending on where/how graphviz was installed, you may need to add a
path to PKG_CONFIG_PATH.  Perhaps something similar to:

export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/graphviz/pkgconfig

If pkg-config and graphviz are setup correctly, then the following
should work:

  pkg-config libgvc --modversion
  2.6

HTH,