[BioC] ReadAffy() for customized Affy chips

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Fri Nov 11 21:53:38 CET 2005

Li,Qinghong,ST.LOUIS,Molecular Biology wrote:
> Thanks Jim.
>
> Thanks for providing the helpful information. I tried both
> make.cdf.package and makecdfenv. I was able to make the env
> successfully.
>
> But for some reason, the package made from make.cdf.package didn't
> work -- I was not able to install it. I used  "Install package(s)
> from local .zip files" dropdown manual (I zipped the package I made),
> but I got this message:

A common mistake, but as you found, a mistake nonetheless. This is why I
recommended you look at 'R Installation and Administration' section 5.1.
There are specific instructions there that explain how you install
packages, and in Appendix F there are instructions on getting various
tools you will need on Windows in order to do so.

These instructions are rather terse, but note that if you want to
install packages on Windows, you have to follow what they say _exactly_.
This can be a daunting task the first time through, but once you know
what to do, it is really quite simple.

HTH,

Jim

--