[BioC] Low Ratio values in LIMMA

Nataliya Yeremenko eremenko at science.uva.nl
Fri Nov 11 01:24:07 CET 2005

Dear Greg

Thanks for your comment:
Detailed description and a number of problems are described in
my new BioC post with subject: Design question in LIMMA

As for data preporcessing  step I used ordinary:
RG <- backgroundCorrect(RG,method="minimum")
MA <-normalizeWithinArrays(RG, method="loess")
MA <- normalizeBetweenArrays(MA, method="Aquantile")

I didn't use weighting of the control spots (commercial Agilent 44K)
and didn't used anything flaged by Feature Extraction.
Maybe I have to?

I visualize the data afterwards and they look not bad.

I do understand that the data in topTable are in log2 scale,
but  the differences seem to me  to be really  small.
The problem may  come as well from the wrong design and contrasts created.
I hope this makes clear procedures I used.

Regards
Nataliya