[BioC] gcrma and custom chips

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Mon Nov 7 14:56:52 CET 2005

Daniel Pick wrote:
> Hello,
>     I would like to apply gcrma to a custom chip for which I have the probe
> sequence information.  gcrma appears to automatically go to the Internet to
> search for the appropriate probe package.  How do I override this behavior
> to look for a ProbePackage built and installed locally?

Did you give the probe package a name, or did you accept the default
one? If you didn't give the probe package the expected name, gcrma() is
not going to be able to find it. If you passed a name to
makeProbePackage(), your best bet is to uninstall the existing package,
and re-make the probe package without passing a name. This will give it
the default name, which gcrma() will then be able to find.

HTH,

Jim