[BioC] How to write "matchprobes" result(list of vector) to a table?

lgautier@altern.org lgautier at altern.org
Mon Nov 7 15:36:18 CET 2005

> Hi, all,
> I want to use most updated RefSeq to map Affymetrix probes and eliminate
> cross hybredization probes as Dr. Gautier did
> http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2105/5/111.
>
> Now the probe matching is finialy finished after the funtion "matchprobes"
> run for 150 hours.

Not completely unexpected. At the time, I remember parallelizing the job
to make use of several processors...

> I want export the matchprobes result to a table. I
> checked the documentation, saying the result is list of vector.
> Is there a specicial funtion to do it or I need to loop through the list
> and
> write the content to a text file?

This is most likely the way to go.
If you want everything in one table, you may have the need for refinements
since the output list (or the two lists if 'probepos=TRUE') has one
element per reference sequence in the input, but can have 0 to many
matches for
each one of these elements.

If you are unsure, first save your list (R command 'save'), as it
represents 150 hours of (computer) work.

Hoping this helps,

Laurent