[BioC] getBioC and install.packages2 fail

Arne.Muller at sanofi-aventis.com Arne.Muller at sanofi-aventis.com
Wed Mar 30 12:21:12 CEST 2005

Thanks,

When doing getBioC(libName='proteomics')

I don't get any error message at all:

> getBioC(libNam='proteomics', method='wget')
Running getBioC version 1.2.69....
If you encounter problems, first make sure that
you are running the latest version of getBioC()
which can be found at: www.bioconductor.org/getBioC.R

Please direct any concerns or questions to bioconductor at stat.math.ethz.ch.

The "install.packages" command prints an error, for some reason the proxy authentification failed!

> install.packages(pkgs=c("gpls", "PROcess"), CRAN=biocUrl,dependencies=TRUE, me
thod="wget")
--12:07:56--  http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/bioc/stable/src/contrib/PACKA
GES
           => `/tmp/RtmpEi1pKG/file74b0dc51'
Resolving firewall... done.
Connecting to firewall[XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX]:XX... connected.
Proxy request sent, awaiting response... 407 Proxy Authentication Required
12:07:56 ERROR 407: Proxy Authentication Required.

dependencies 'gpls''PROcess' are not available

Warning message:
Download had nonzero exit status in: download.file(url = paste(contriburl, "PACK
AGES", sep = "/"),

However, when I connect to the web via mozilla (linux RH 7.3) and *then* run the install.packages the packages get downaloaded and installed properly.

I guess this means there's something wrong with my proxy authentification.

By the way, when running

> source("http://www.bioconductor.org/getBioC.R")
> getBioC(libName='proteomics')

under w2k (using R --internet2) the installation works straight away ...

Another hint that my proxy authentification under linux may be screwed up.

	kind regards,

	Arne