[BioC] getBioC and install.packages2 fail

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Tue Mar 29 19:57:11 CEST 2005

<Arne.Muller at sanofi-aventis.com> writes:
> I forgot to mentione the OS (linux RH 7.3), wget 1.8.1 and
> reposTools 1.5.2. I'm behind a firewall that requires
> authentification (it's a web-procy, too), but the code below
> (download.file) works, so I guess it's a problem with the existing
> installation. Well, or maybe it is a proxy probelm?

I suspect that it is a proxy problem.

> ps: install.packages2("gpls") from the R prompt does not work either
> :-(

And by "does not work", you mean it hangs?  Prints an error message?
Help me out here.

In your original post, you wanted to install the proteomics related
packages: gpls, PROcess, and apComplex.

apComplex is missing from the release1.5 repository and I'm looking
into why.  The other two are present.

If gpls and PROcess would be of use to you, please try the following:

>From an R session enter:

biocUrl <- "http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/bioc/stable"
install.packages(pkgs=c("gpls", "PROcess"), CRAN=biocUrl,
                 dependencies=TRUE, method="wget")

And let us know if it works (and if not, send us the error output ;-)

+ seth