[BioC] getBioC and install.packages2 fail

Arne.Muller at sanofi-aventis.com Arne.Muller at sanofi-aventis.com
Tue Mar 29 17:00:46 CEST 2005

Hello,

I've an installation problem. I'm running R 2.0.1 and BioC 1.5. . I'd like to install the 'proteomics' package. Getting the most  recent getBioC fucntion works fine (I'm behind a firewall). ReposTools and tools get loaded automatically and then the script terminates without any error message and withour installing the proteomics package:

> getBioC(libNam='proteomics', method='wget')
Running getBioC version 1.2.69....
If you encounter problems, first make sure that
you are running the latest version of getBioC()
which can be found at: www.bioconductor.org/getBioC.R

Please direct any concerns or questions to bioconductor at stat.math.ethz.ch.

When running install.packages2('gpls')

nothing happens either, no error, no output no instllation :-(

Any ideas what goes wrong?

	thanks a lot for your help,

	Arne