[BioC] followup on reading RNA digestion plots

Naomi Altman naomi at stat.psu.edu
Mon Mar 28 16:53:13 CEST 2005

Looking at the plot, I would not take the slopes too seriously!

I only eliminate an array if it appears to be dramatically different from
the others.  Your arrays vary (which is expected) but I do not see any
outlying array.

I suppose you could do a formal test, but I wouldn't bother.  To do the
test, you would probably want to use a semiparametric model of the form

curve(i) = m(i) + s(x)

where s(x) is the mean curve and m(i) is a random array effect.  Once you
fit the model, you could test the goodness of fit of each curve to the
model, adjust for multiple comparisons, and reject any significant
curves.  Sorry, I do not have a reference for this.

--Naomi