[BioC] suggestion : new object for exprSet

Adaikalavan Ramasamy ramasamy at cancer.org.uk
Sat Mar 19 03:48:05 CET 2005

Would it be possible to have preprocessing algorithms in BioConductor
(e.g RMA, GCRMA, MAS 5.0) to _automatically_ include a description of
how the data was preprocessed into the resulting exprSet object ?

It could say the algorithm name and BioConductor package version. For
example typing in preproc( exprSet ) could return

"Preprocessed using GCRMA version 1.1.3 and hgu133aprobe version 1.0"

I am aware that I can manually add these info using notes() but am
usually too lazy to do that. Then I spend hours trying to figure out
what version of the GCRMA I used to create the dataset 3 months ago.

Thank you.

Regards, Adai