[BioC] MvA plotting error

Puhong Gao pgao at hunter.cuny.edu
Thu Mar 17 20:27:35 CET 2005

Hi, all,

The following error message was generated when I used "mva.pairs()" function to plot my data.

"Error in simpleLoess(y, x, w, span, degree, parametric, drop.square, normalize,  :
        recursive default argument reference"

The same message was given when the example in the Help file was used.

         x <- matrix(rnorm(4000),1000,4)
         x[,1] <- x[,1]^2
         dimnames(x) <- list(NULL,c("chip 1","chip 2","chip 3","chip 4"))

Can someone help me out? Thanks.

(R 2.01 and Bioconductor 1.5 packages were used.)

Puhong Gao, PhD
Dev. Psychobiology
NYSPI, Unit# 40
1051 Riverside Dr.