Fwd: [BioC] [marray] Importing SMD files into marray

Rene Nederhand r.nederhand at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 16:14:13 CET 2005

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rene Nederhand <r.nederhand at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 13:18:56 +0100
Subject: Re: [BioC] [marray] Importing SMD files into marray
To: "michael watson (IAH-C)" <michael.watson at bbsrc.ac.uk>

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your reaction.

readLines("28370.xls") gives the following output:

> readLines("28370.xls")
Error in file(con, "r") : unable to open connection

Since I started R from "/Applications/R" (I'm using a Mac) and the
file is on "~/Desktop" this is what I would assume. Using the full
path works fine:

> readLines("~/Desktop/28370.xls")
    [1] "!Exptid=28370"
    [2] "!Experiment Name=hyperinsulinemic clamp in human muscle"
    [3] "!Organism=Homo sapiens"
.....lots of lines....

For your information: I am using R V2.01, latest Bioconductor (updated
yesterday) and marray V1.5.25 (latest development packages; stable
package gives the same problem).

Any idea?

Kind regards,
Rene