[BioC] load AnnBuilder and install XML

zhihua li lzhtom at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 17 14:50:07 CET 2005

Hi netters

I've downloaded and installed AnnBuilder. When I loaded it, I was told that
the dependent package XML had not been installed.
According to the manual of AnnBuilder, the XML package can be found in
CRAN. But I can't find a windows binary there. Instead, I went to
http://www.omegahat.org/RSXML/index.html and downloaded XML_0.97-0.zip
there.
I used the menu of "install packages from local zip file" and it seemed
that I've installed XML sucessfully:
package 'XML' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
updating HTML package descriptions

But then when I loaded AnnBuilder, I still got:
> library(AnnBuilder)
Welcome to Bioconductor
         Vignettes contain introductory material.  To view,
         simply type: openVignette()
         For details on reading vignettes, see
         the openVignette help page.
Error in library(pkg, character.only = TRUE, logical = TRUE, lib.loc =
lib.loc) :
        'XML' is not a valid package -- installed < 2.0.0?

I'm using R 2.0.1 actually.

Is there something wrong with windows version of XML?

Thanks a lot!