[BioC] Question about using ReadAffy() to read CEL files

Xiaoyu Jia xjia at med.umich.edu
Wed Mar 16 18:46:10 CET 2005

Dear friends,

I am trying to read CELfiles using ReadAffy() command.  I stored all my
CEL files in a directory and use the following commands:

>library(affy)
>mydata<-ReadAffy()
Error in read.affybatch(filenames = l$filenames, phenoData =
l$phenoData,  :
        Is C:/Documents and Settings/Desktop/kumar/data03-15/Kumar
001.CEL really a CEL file? tried reading as text, gzipped text and
binary

I do not understand why this happened.  Could anybody help me out?

Thank you very much.

Sharrie