[BioC] LIMMA vs. dChip

Stephen Henderson s.henderson at ucl.ac.uk
Mon Mar 14 14:13:43 CET 2005

True but I think you maybe overstating the problem.

Differences in the tail are not biologically all that interesting. the range
of rma is squashed compared to other methods, and tukey bi-weight has an
unreliable baseline for low expressing values. The top100 is often a small
fraction, and the tail maybe not that extreme.

The interesting point is whether all the data considered significant by one
test is significant by the other and as you say how well correlated the raw
data is.

I think??? I sometimes worry about this too.