[BioC] MetaData packages online

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Fri Mar 4 20:38:04 CET 2005

Greetings all,

The meta data packages are again available on www.bioconductor.org.

All packages were rebuilt so that they will work properly when used on
Windows.  This release contains data packages updated to public domain
databases as of January 2005 and can be identified by a version number
matching 1.7.x.

Still Missing
=========

The following packages are not yet available, but will be in the near
future (next week):
humanLLMappings
mouseLLMappings
ratLLMappings

The release meta data repository
==========================

Browse the release repository here:
http://www.bioconductor.org/data/metaData/html/

NOTE: Because we used the latest version of R to build the packages,
you will see a warning message when installing these packages into the
stable version of R.  Our testing did not uncover any problems using
the packages with the stable version of R.  We plan to update the
release meta data repository with packages built using R stable next
week.

The devel meta data repository

Browse the devel repository here:
http://www.bioconductor.org/data/metaData-devel/html/

NOTE: At the present time, these packages are identical to those in the
release repository.  As we add new meta data packages and update
existing meta data packages, they will appear here first before moving
to the release repository.

Thanks for your patience everyone.

+ seth