[BioC] Generic Loess Normalization

Wolfgang Huber huber at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Mar 4 17:03:33 CET 2005

Hi Gene,

for general local regression, you may also want to look at the locfit
package (on CRAN) which one might call a faster and more advanced
version of loess. It provides better diagnostic output and there is a
very nice textbook going with it.

  Best wishes
   Wolfgang

James W. MacDonald wrote:
> Gene Cutler wrote:
>
>> Of the various Bioconductor methods, is there any which performs a
>> fairly generic loess normalization, leaving out fancy stuff like
>> print-tip normalization, etc?
>>
>> I'd like to write some code based on this, so I'd like to see a
>> stripped-down example if there is one out there.
>

> You might look at loessFit in the limma package. Much of the heavy
> lifting appears to be done in C, however.
>
> Jim

Wolfgang Huber
European Bioinformatics Institute
European Molecular Biology Laboratory