[BioC] block design and how it handles missing values in Limma

Gordon Smyth smyth at wehi.edu.au
Tue Mar 1 01:54:21 CET 2005

You seem to have a major problem with your analysis, which is that you
don't seem to have incorporated the dye swaps into your design matrix at
all. You define a vector call 'vector', but then make no use of it. Perhaps
you should investigate the use of the functions in limma such as
modelMatrix() which use targets frame to construct design matrices.

As far as the 'block' argument is concerned, what makes you think that it
is "supposed" to return simple averages? There wouldn't be much point in
this functionality if it simply returned the same answers as you would get
without it.

Gordon