[BioC] GO from hu35ksuba

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Tue Jun 21 15:09:03 CEST 2005

Adaikalavan Ramasamy wrote:
> Sorry if this question is documented somewhere but I could not find the
> answer to it. Feel free to point this out to me ?
>
> I am trying to get some gene ontology info from the chip Hu35KsubA for
> which I think I need the package "hu35ksuba". Note that this is not the
> same as "hu35ksubacdf" which is already provided by BioConductor.
>
> 1) Am I correct in thinking that I need "hu35ksuba" only ?
>
> 2) I do not think someone has built this for R. Can I download the CDF
> file and then use make.cdf.env() to do this ? If anyone has this and is
> willing to share, please send them to me offline and I would be very
> grateful.

You are confused; make.cdf.env() makes the environment for the
hu35ksubacdf package, not the annotation package.

> 3) Where do I get the CDF file from ? I cannot see it on this site
> http://www.affymetrix.com/support/technical/byproduct.affx?product=hu35k

As noted, you don't need the CDF file (which simply maps chip
coordinates to probes).

You will need to use the ABPkgBuilder() function in AnnBuilder. For this
you will need a text file containing a column of Affy IDs and a column
of Entrez Gene IDs, which you can get from this file:

http://www.affymetrix.com/Auth/analysis/downloads/taf/Hu35KsubA_annot_csv.zip

I think the vignette for this package is relatively straightforward. See
ABPrimer for more info.

Best,

Jim