[BioC] Error messages in affylmGUI on PC with respect to plotting

Richard Friedman friedman at cancercenter.columbia.edu
Mon Jul 18 18:26:05 CEST 2005

On Jul 18, 2005, at 11:08 AM, Seth Falcon wrote:

> Hi Rich,
>>
>>> local({pkg <- select.list(sort(.packages(all.available = TRUE)))
>> + if(nchar(pkg)) library(pkg, character.only=TRUE)})
>>> affylmGUI()
>
> I see the same error here.  This is something for the package
> maintainer to address.
>
>> The results of the sessionInfo command was:
>
> Looks like you have recent versions of things.
.
.
.

>> I then followed the affylmGUI worked example:
>>
>> C:\Program Files\R\rw2010\library\estrogen\extdata\estrogen.txt
>>
>> I clicked "OK" on that box
>
> I tried this same thing and see an error message that estrogen.txt is
> not the correct format as it does not contain a FileName header or
> some such.
>
> I tried modifying the headers in estrogen.txt but even with FileName
> as a header, I still received the same error message?!

That part worked okay for me when I used the names in the worked
example.

> I'm not sure what to suggest at this point other than contacting the
> package maintainer.  The detail you've provided should be enough for
> someone more familiar with the affylmGUI package to help sort things
> out.
>
> Best,
>
> + seth

Thanks, Seth,
I hope that someone else cane help.;

Best wishes,
Rich

Richard A. Friedman, PhD
Associate Research Scientist
Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center
Oncoinformatics Core
Lecturer
Department of Biomedical Informatics
Box 95, Room 130BB or P&S 1-420C
Columbia University Medical Center
630 W. 168th St.
New York, NY 10032
(212)305-6901 (5-6901) (voice)
friedman at cancercenter.columbia.edu
http://cancercenter.columbia.edu/~friedman/

" I know what is going to happen next in 'Middlemarch'.
Mr. Featherstone left Fred his money,
and the lady who wants his money is going to tell everybody
that Fred gambles and it is going to be in all the papers in
Middlemarch."
Rose Friedman, age 8