[BioC] Error messages in affylmGUI on PC with respect to plotting

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Mon Jul 18 17:08:13 CEST 2005

Hi Rich,

On 15 Jul 2005, friedman at cancercenter.columbia.edu wrote:
>> library("affylmGUI")
>>

> When I typed the above command, nothing happened.
> When I pulled down affylmGUI command from the R pull down menu
> (it had been previously loaded) I got the error message
>

> 	Error message: Error in eval(expr,envir,enclos):Object "plot
> 	Options" not found.
>
> The associated screen message when I got this is
>
>> local({pkg <- select.list(sort(.packages(all.available = TRUE)))
> + if(nchar(pkg)) library(pkg, character.only=TRUE)})
>> affylmGUI()

I see the same error here.  This is something for the package
maintainer to address.

> The results of the sessionInfo command was:

Looks like you have recent versions of things.

> I then followed the affylmGUI worked example:
>
> File->New
>
> I got a box that said
>
> "Choose working directory"
>

> I chose the directory which contained my files.
>
> I clicked "okay"
>
> I got a box that said:
>
> "Please select a tab-delimited file listing the CEL files.
>
> No filename is selected at the moment. Press the Select Targets File
> Button."
>
> I did and got a list of files.
>

> I clicked "estrogen" (I can send the file as an attachement if
> that might help).
>

> I got a box that read
>
> "Targets File
>
> C:\Program Files\R\rw2010\library\estrogen\extdata\estrogen.txt
>
> I clicked "OK" on that box

I tried this same thing and see an error message that estrogen.txt is
not the correct format as it does not contain a FileName header or
some such.

I tried modifying the headers in estrogen.txt but even with FileName
as a header, I still received the same error message?!

I'm not sure what to suggest at this point other than contacting the
package maintainer.  The detail you've provided should be enough for
someone more familiar with the affylmGUI package to help sort things
out.

Best,

+ seth