[BioC] Beginner with Affimetrix Data

Naomi Altman naomi at stat.psu.edu
Sat Jul 9 05:17:19 CEST 2005

If you have a .xls file, it is probably the MAS5 normalized data.  You
should open the file under Excel before importing into Bioconductor, and
make sure you understand what you have.  Much of what you will read about
normalization assumes that you are starting with unnormalized probe-level data.

--Naomi