[BioC] Analyzing arrays with no replicates

Naomi Altman naomi at stat.psu.edu
Sun Feb 20 22:06:49 CET 2005

I agree with Sean.  There are some ad hoc things you can do, but they
basically amount to finding a cut-off for the fold-change and they rely
heavily on the assumption that all genes have the same variance (which is
unlikely).

You need a "between array" measure of variance and you do not have one.

--Naomi