[BioC] Automated blasting of short nucleotide sequences againsteach other

David Lapointe david.lapointe at umassmed.edu
Sat Feb 19 02:20:49 CET 2005

Well, you only need one run. A query of 500 short seqs against a database of
the 500 short seqs.   See
http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/oreilly/bio/news/BLAST.html

for a great example. ( Blasting Y.Pestis Proteome vs E.Coli proteome ~ 4000
seqs each, takes about 3-4 min on  my laptop).  BLASTCLUST might also do what
you need.

David