[BioC] Automated blasting of short nucleotide sequences against each other

Ken Termiso jerk_alert at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 18 20:41:45 CET 2005

Hi all,

This may be slightly off-topic, but I'd like to be able to BLAST a large set
of about 500 nucleotide sequences against itself (i.e. sequence #1 gets
blasted against the other 499 sequences and so on, for a total of 500x500 or
250,000 blasts), and one thing I unbelievably cannot google on the net is a
script to do it...rather than writing one I was hoping that someone could
point me to a link for this...I found tons of scripts for doing it against a
database, but nothing with a matrix like I need to BLAST...

My sequences are in plain text. I've got the standalone blast, but just need
a script...

Presumably this would be very useful for analyzing pseudo-homologous probe
sequences..?..so maybe it isn't completely off-topic...

Thanks in advance,
Ken