[BioC] set geneNames in exprSet object

Marcelo Luiz de Laia mlaia at fcav.unesp.br
Wed Feb 16 21:18:53 CET 2005

Dear all,

I read a data set with the command:

 > Tol.eSet <- read.exprSet("Tolerante_b.txt") and the result is wonderful!
 > Tol.eSet
Expression Set (exprSet) with
        2516 genes
        18 samples
                 phenoData object with 1 variables and 18 cases
                sample: arbitrary numbering

Now, I try to set the geneNames slot. I try these commands:

 > Tol.geneNames <- read.table("geneNames.txt",header = TRUE,colClasses
= "character")
 > Tol.eSet$geneNames<-Tol.geneNames
 > Tol.eSet$geneNames
 > geneNames(Tol.eSet)<-Tol.geneNames
Error in "rownames<-"(x, value) : length of dimnames [1] not equal to
array extent

The column that contain geneNames is named Genes in txt archive.

Anyone could help me?

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.