[BioC] Trouble in building cdf package

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Fri Feb 11 02:26:37 CET 2005

Wenqiong Chen wrote:
>>Hi, all:
>>I am using windows R 2.0.1 and trying to build my own cdf package
>>using functions in "makecdfenv" library.
>>I could proceed the "make.cdf.package" function in R, no problem, and
>>generated the "disdiv712acdf" folder in the current dir. However, when
>>I went to command window and typed in "Rcmd INSTALL disdiv712acdfcdf",
>>I got the following error message:
>>
>>"hhc: not found
>>cp: cannot stat `C:/R2001/rw2001/disdiv712acdf/chm/disdiv712acdf.chm':
>>No such f

This error is because you don't have the Microsoft HTML help workshop
installed. You can either go to
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/htmlhelp/html/hwmicrosofthtmlhelpdownloads.asp
and install it, or use rcmd install --docs=normal disdiv712acdf which
should not attempt to build the compiled HTML help.

HTH,

Jim

>>ile or directory
>>make[1]: *** [chm-disdiv712acdf] Error 1
>>make: *** [pkg-disdiv712acdf] Error 2
>>*** Installation of disdiv712acdf failed ***"
>>
>>I am pretty sure that I have installed all the necessary tools
>>required for windows to build the R package since I have successfully
>>made this package using an earlier version of R 1.8 before. I checked
>>"disdiv712acdf" folder and did not find "disdiv712acdf.chm". Is this
>>file supposed to be generated when I executed "make.cdf.package" in R,
>>Or is the failure due to the new version of R 2.0.1?
>>
>>Thanks a lot,
>>wenqiong

James W. MacDonald
University of Michigan