[BioC] Gene Selection

Arne.Muller at sanofi-aventis.com Arne.Muller at sanofi-aventis.com
Fri Feb 4 17:42:44 CET 2005

Dear Heike,

please correct me if I got it wrong: The experiment is a factorial design with factor 2 beeing nested within factor 1, i.e.

1. the "category" with three levels (category 1 to 3)
2. nested within within each level of the above factor there is another factor (sub-categories) with 3 to 4 levels.

What do you mean by "select differential expressed genes for one category"?

I see two choices:

1. is there an overall difference between the three main cateogies
2. Within each category, are all sub-categories the same in terms of gene expression or is there a (any) difference?

Is that what you are looking for?

	kid regards,

	Arne