[BioC] experiment-design-advice-request

vijayaraj nagarajan bioinfovijayaraj at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 30 20:49:04 CEST 2005

hi friends
we are designing a microarray experiment, where there are two different mouse strains (A,B)...
and one condition (Peptide - P and Saline - S). we expect the mouse strains to express differentially even under normal  (saline) conditions...so we did not want to go for pooling the controls, to have a common - pooled control... under this scenario...

which of the following designs would you suggest....(we have planned to use dyeswap and 2 replicates for each hybrisation)....

1:

AP---BP
|  \  /   |
|  /  \   |
AS---BS

(all pairs - with 6 hybridisations)
      OR

2:

AP

AS---BS

       BP

(with just 3 hybridisations, so that we could deduce AP-BP,using AP-AS-BS and rest like that...)

i request your valuable advice in this regard....
thanks

vijay
graduate student
department of biological sciences