[BioC] Limma : Problem with lmFit() and block

Gordon Smyth smyth at wehi.edu.au
Thu Apr 21 04:00:09 CEST 2005

>Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 10:46:51 +0200
>From: Laetitia Marisa <Laetitia.Marisa at cgm.cnrs-gif.fr>
>Subject: [BioC] Limma : Problem with lmFit() and block
>To: bioconductor at stat.math.ethz.ch
>
>Hello,
>
>When I use the block variable in the lmFit, data in the MArrayLM have
>different dimension :
>
>  > dim(analysis$fit)
>[1] 6936    3
>
>  > dim(analysis$fit$coef)
>[1] 6936    3
>
>  > dim(analysis$fit$genes)
>[1] 2312    6

The problem here is that fit$genes and fit$coef should always have the same
number of rows.

The problem has occured because you have specified both 'ndups' and 'block'
to lmFit() simultaneously, whereas lmFit() can only handle one of these at
a time.

I will change lmFit() so that it generates an error when ndups>2 and
'block' are set simultaneously.

Gordon