[BioC] where to start?

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Wed Apr 20 16:26:05 CEST 2005

"Malik Yousef" <yousef at wistar.org> writes:
> any basic package of bioconductor. For simplicit consider that we have a
> table as fellow:
> GenId GeneName   Sample1   Sample2  Sample3  Sample4 Sample5 ......SampleN
> Class            C1         C1       C2       C3      C4            C1
> 1       gene1    0.04       0.05     0.06     0.7     0.8  .......
> 0.9

I would remove the Class line and put it in another file.  Then
reading your data into R is easily done with read.table (which can use
any delimiter you specify, BTW).  Then you can add the class
information.

If the above raises more questions for you than it answers, then I'm
afraid you will need to consult some of the R documentation which will
explain how to do these sorts of things.

Hope that helps a bit.

+ seth