[BioC] tcltk problems

Vsevolod (Simon) Ilyushchenko simonf at cshl.edu
Wed Apr 13 00:01:36 CEST 2005

Hi,

After installing R-2.0.1 and reinstalling bioconductor I've started
having problems with tcltk (below). I do have tcl and tk RPMs installed
on my Fedora 1 machine. I tried to use strace to find out what library R
calls, but I could not learn anything. I'd be grateful for any help.

Thanks,
Simon

 > library(widgetTools)
Error in fun(...) : The tcl/tk library is not available in your system.
Download/install the tcltk library from www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/
Error: .onLoad failed in loadNamespace for 'widgetTools'
Error in library(widgetTools) : package/namespace load failed for
'widgetTools'

 > library(tcltk);
Error in namespaceExport(ns, exports) : undefined exports: addTclPath,
as.tclObj, is.tclObj, is.tkwin
In addition: Warning message:
S3 method(s) '$.tclvar', '$<-.tclvar', 'as.character.tclObj',
'as.character.tclVar', 'as.double.tclObj', 'as.integer.tclObj',
'as.logical.tclObj', 'print.tclObj', '[[.tclArray', '[[<-.tclArray',
'$.tclArray', '$<-.tclArray', 'names.tclArray', 'names<-.tclArray',
'length.tclArray', 'length<-.tclArray', 'tclObj.tclVar',
'tclObj<-.tclVar', 'tclvalue.default', 'tclvalue.tclObj',
'tclvalue.tclVar', 'tclvalue<-.default', 'tclvalue<-.tclVar' were
declared in NAMESPACE but not found
Error in library(tcltk) : package/namespace load failed for 'tcltk'

Simon (Vsevolod ILyushchenko)   simonf at cshl.edu
				http://www.simonf.com

Terrorism is a tactic and so to declare war on terrorism
is equivalent to Roosevelt's declaring war on blitzkrieg.

Zbigniew Brzezinski, U.S. national security advisor, 1977-81