[BioC] missing AnnBuilder parser

John Zhang jzhang at jimmy.harvard.edu
Mon Apr 11 20:49:20 CEST 2005

>I'm trying to rebuild my annotation package for an Agilent chip using
>Resourcerer and it's not finder one of the parsers.
>
>The basic error is:
>>resourcerer2BioC("Agilent_HumanGenome.zip", organism="human")

I have checked in the bug fixes. Please look for a new build (1.1.1) of
Resourcerer in the next few days. Meanwhile, you may try to fix the bug yourself
by changing the argument baseMapType = c("gb", "ug", "ll") to baseMapType =
c("gbNRef", "gb", "ug") of resourcerer2BioC and call the function by setting
baseMapType = "gbNRef" (resourcerer2BioC("Agilent_HumanGenome.zip", organism =
"human", baseMapType = "gbNRef"))

Let me know if you run into any problem.

Thanks.

>Warning: cannot open file `NA'
>Warning in unifyMappings(base, eg, ug, otherSrc) :
>         Failed to get or parse Entrez Gene data because of:
>
> Error in file(con, "r") : unable to open connection
>

>The missing file in question is the parser from Genbank to Entrez Gene
>(The Agilent annotations are based on GenBank).
>
>> getBaseParsers("gb")
>                                                       LL
>"/usr/local/lib/R/library/AnnBuilder/scripts/egAccParser"
>                                                       UG
> "/usr/local/lib/R/library/AnnBuilder/scripts/gbUGParser"
>

>I've convinced it to use the LocusLink parser instead as the IDs should
>be the same, and the code runs for about an hour and at the very end:

>[21]
>"/usr/local/lib/R/library/Resourcerer/temp/AgilentHsWg/data/AgilentHsWgREFSEQ.r
da"
>[22]
>"/usr/local/lib/R/library/Resourcerer/temp/AgilentHsWg/data/AgilentHsWgSYMBOL.r
da"
>[23]
>"/usr/local/lib/R/library/Resourcerer/temp/AgilentHsWg/data/AgilentHsWgUNIGENE.
rda"
>exiting from: ABPkgBuilder(baseFile, srcUrls, baseMapType, otherSrc,
>pkgName,
>    pkgPath, organism, version, makeXML, author, fromWeb)
>Warning: cannot open compressed file
>`/usr/local/lib/R/library/Resourcerer/temp/AgilentHsWg/data/AgilentHsWgLOCUSID.
rda'