[BioC] (no subject)

Howard Schumacher hss at buffalo.edu
Thu Apr 7 17:16:52 CEST 2005

Morning everyone.

I don't know how many of you there are, so to those of you that have
n opart in the following matter, I apologize for the intrusion.

I'm supporting a user who would like to use Bioconductor R in a lab
environment.  Your site says "users are encouraged to use getBioC to
obtain, install and update their packages".  No thanks.  It doesn't
save bandwidth or shorten the download time.  getBioC is also an
impairment to using one's admin console, and eliminates any
possibility of performing the installation off-line if needs be.

I'd prefer a web link for "all" packages.  There is no such web link
though.  The FAQ didn't explain why.  The
http://cran.r-project.org/bin/macosx/RAqua-FAQ.html page was not
available.

I'd appreciate the link in any form, published or unpublished.

thanks a mil,

Howard Schumacher
Walkway Node, Support Manager
State University of New York at Buffalo