[BioC] Missing GO terms in GOLOCUSID2GO

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at jimmy.harvard.edu
Wed Oct 27 22:41:49 CEST 2004

Funny you should ask...
 yes we just noticed this. It seems to be a problem somewhere in the
 data we obtained. It is most likely that we will drop these - they
 can often be hand curated, but hands are the one thing we are very
 short of...so anyone looking for something constructive to do...we
 have lots of basic mundane things (on which more excting and less
 mundane things can be built) that are not getting done.

 Robert

On Wed, Oct 27, 2004 at 01:36:18PM -0700, jeffrey rasmussen wrote:
> Using GO 1.6.5 the following code produces a list of GO terms that are
> annotated as being connected with a certain LL id, but have their
> "Ontology" slot listed as "NA" (presumably because they are missing from
> GOTERM and the other GO* objects):
>
> library(GO)
> ll2go <- as.list.environment(GOLOCUSID2GO)
> tmp   <- lapply(ll2go, function (x) sapply(x, function(x)
>                    if(is.na(x$Ontology)){ print(x$GOID) }))
>
> Perhaps a more recent file was used to build GOLOCUSID2GO than was used to
> build the remaining GO annotations?
>
> Jeff.
>
> (Here's the list of missing terms)
>
> GO:0001880
> GO:0001881
> GO:0001883
> GO:0001886
> GO:0030968
> GO:0030970
> GO:0030971
> GO:0035199
> GO:0035211
> GO:0035214
> GO:0035215
> GO:0035224
> GO:0035226
> GO:0035227
> GO:0035229
> GO:0035232
> GO:0035233
> GO:0035234
> GO:0043185
> GO:0043190
> GO:0043197
> GO:0043198
> GO:0048488
> GO:0048489
> GO:0051082
> GO:0051087
> GO:0051089
> GO:0051092
> GO:0051097
> GO:0051101
> GO:0051106

| Robert Gentleman                 phone : (617) 632-5250                   |
| Associate Professor              fax:   (617)  632-2444                   |
| Department of Biostatistics      office: M1B20                            |
| Harvard School of Public Health  email: rgentlem at jimmy.harvard.edu        |