[BioC] Difference between GO2ALLPROBES and GO2PROBE ?

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Fri Oct 15 16:49:49 CEST 2004

Saurin Jani wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think I have installation problem, somehow I did not
> install properly or something but I am getting when I
> do ?GO2PROBE

This is not surprising since there is nothing called GO2PROBE! I presume
you are interested in a particular environment in a particular
annotation package? For instance, you can see the help page for the
hgu133aGO2PROBE this way:

library(hgu133a)
?hgu133aGO2PROBE
?hgu133aGO2ALLPROBES

As Robert mentioned in his original response, there is a huge amount of
information supplied with each of the BioC packages, as well as with R
itself. All this information, as well as the functions themselves (not
to mention the help that is offered on this listserv), have been offered
to you for free.

One expectation of an open source project such as BioC is that people
who choose to use the software will make use of all this free
information *first* and ask questions on the listserv only as a last
resort (as mentioned above, the help given is *free*, and usually
uncompensated). Please do yourself (and us) a favor and familiarize
yourself with some of this information so you don't have to be so
reliant on this listserv for answers.

Best,

Jim