[BioC] problem loading Rgraphviz library

Rodrigo Gutierrez rg98 at nyu.edu
Sat May 22 06:35:10 CEST 2004

Hi,

I am installing Bioconductor 1.4.
I am having some problems with Rgraphviz.
I installed the graphviz software and set the LIB_PATH_DIR to include the dir with the graphviz libraries. I then run "R INSTALL Rgraphviz".
Everything looked pretty.

But when I go to R:
> library(Rgraphviz)
Error in dyn.load(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now)) :
        unable to load shared library "/usr/local/lib/R/library/Rgraphviz/libs/Rgraphviz.so":
  /usr/local/lib/R/library/Rgraphviz/libs/Rgraphviz.so: undefined symbol: gvNEWcontext
Error in library(Rgraphviz) : .First.lib failed

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Rodrigo