[BioC] median polish vs mas

Naomi Altman naomi at stat.psu.edu
Mon May 17 16:15:17 CEST 2004

I have been wondering why the default in justRMA is
summary.method="medianpolish"  instead of "mas" which is Tukey's
biweight.  Since we are already doing quantile normalization, doesn't the
extra between array step imposed by median polish give the possibility of
masking differential expression?

Associate Professor
Bioinformatics Consulting Center
University Park, PA 16802-2111