[BioC] justGCRMA normalisation options?

James MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Fri Mar 19 21:02:09 MET 2004

Also note that justGCRMA will likely not be faster than gcrma, and the
devel versions of both are much faster due to the introduction of some C
code (thanks to Jeff Gentry). If you have the memory to run gcrma, and
are adept at hacking code, you could just modify gcrma.engine() to
return the background corrected AffyBatch and then feed this to
expresso. Because of the way justGCRMA works, it would take a bit more
work to change how the data are normalized, so if you have the RAM,
gcrma is probably the way to go for now.

Jim

James W. MacDonald
Affymetrix and cDNA Microarray Core
University of Michigan Cancer Center
1500 E. Medical Center Drive
7410 CCGC
Ann Arbor MI 48109
734-647-5623

>>> "Rafael A. Irizarry" <ririzarr at jhsph.edu> 03/19/04 11:20AM >>>
justGCRMA is already in the unstable devel version.

the internal function gcrma.engine permits you to do just background
correction. you can then use expresso to choose whatever other
option you want. its not easy to use so we will look into
creating an easy to use wrapper for it.