[BioC] Question for spotStatus() function

Gordon K Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Fri Mar 12 23:00:25 MET 2004

> Dear members:
>
> I'm learning Limma following the "LIMMA" User's Guide".  When I went to
> input the spotType file, the guider said:
> *****
> The spot types file is used by the spotStatus() function to set the
> status of each spot on the array, for example
>
>> RG$genes$Status <- spotStatus(spottypes)
>
> *****
> But this command didn't work. Error messenger shows there is no this
> function. I also checked limma package and didn't find this function. I
> think this function is useful. Has this function (spotStatus) been
> deleted or its function can be done by other command?

The spotStatus() function has been replaced by controlStatus(). Sorry that
was an error in the released User's Guide.  Best to upgrade to a more
current limma version from

  http://bioinf.wehi.edu.au/limma

Gordon