[BioC] p-values

Renate van Dorp vandorp at msu.edu
Mon Mar 1 21:06:01 MET 2004

Hi there,

I am analyzing microarray data. We use the 2-step mixed model analyses
proposed by Wolfinger et al (2001). One phenomena that we observe is that
after analyses we plot the p-values. The p-values do not follow an uniform
distribution with more differentially expressed genes at the 5 %
significance level. We observe fewer genes at the 5% significance level and
the percent of observations at higher p-values increase. I am curious to
know if other groups have seen this or other types of distributions for the
p-value. How do you deal with this and how do you analyze the data?

Thanks,

Renate

Renate T.E. van Dorp, PhD.
Center for Animal Functional Genomics