[BioC] Re: [Fwd: Bioc Book Chapter] (Gordon K Smyth) Bioconductor Digest, Vol 11, Issue 40

Chris Wilkinson Christopher.Wilkinson at adelaide.edu.au
Fri Jan 30 03:37:18 MET 2004

> Message: 6
> Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 09:17:31 -0000
> From: "michael watson (IAH-C)" <michael.watson at bbsrc.ac.uk>
> Subject: RE: [BioC] Re: [Fwd: Bioc Book Chapter] (Gordon K Smyth)
> 	Biocondu	ctor Digest, Vol 11, Issue 38
> To: bioconductor at stat.math.ethz.ch
>
> Just a quick aside:
>
> > so I've been looking at 2D spatial norm
>
> Has anyone published using this method of normalisation?

Its not mentioned in the Yang, Dudoit et.al 2002 NAR paper on normalisation
of cDNA data, but it is mentioned briefly in
Smyth, G. K., and Speed, T. P. (2003). Normalization of cDNA microarray
data. In: METHODS: Selecting Candidate Genes from DNA Array Screens:
Application to Neuroscience, D. Carter (ed.). Methods Volume 31, Issue 4,
December 2003, pages 265-273.
http://www.statsci.org/smyth/pubs/normalize.pdf

The reference above is as the bottom of the normalisation entry in limma. I
haven't done an extensive literature search beyond this though.

Cheers
Chris

Dr Chris Wilkinson

Research Officer (Bioinformatics)        | Visiting Research Fellow
Child Health Research Institute (CHRI)   | Microarray Analysis Group
7th floor, Clarence Rieger Building      | Room 121
Women's and Children's Hospital          | School of Applied Mathematics
72 King William Rd, North Adelaide, 5006 | The University of Adelaide, 5005

Math's Office (Room 121)        Ph: 8303 3714
CHRI   Office (CR2 52A)         Ph: 8161 6363

Christopher.Wilkinson at adelaide.edu.au

http://mag.maths.adelaide.edu.au/crwilkinson.html