[BioC] trouble installing "affy" package

Jeffrey Chang jeffrey.chang at duke.edu
Thu Jan 29 19:15:25 MET 2004

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to install Bioconductor into a freshly compiled R 1.8.1 on
OS X 10.3.2.  I'm sourcing the getBioC.R from
http://www.bioconductor.org and trying to install the "release"
version:

 > getBioC(relLevel="release")

It looks like R is getting sources from
http://www.bioconductor.org/repository/release1.3/package/Source

However, when it tries to install "affy", it complains about a missing
"Biobase" package and the installation fails.  However, Biobase seems
to be installed properly.  Executing at R prompt
     > library("Biobase")
seems to complete without error.

However, executing
     > library("affy")
     Error in library("affy") : There is no package called 'affy'
fails.

I have included a portion of the error messages at the bottom of this
email.  Has anyone seen this before, or know how to fix it?

Thanks,
Jeff

[...]
** R
** data
** demo
** inst
** save image
[1] FALSE
Warning message:
There is no package called 'Biobase' in: library(package,
character.only = TRUE, logical = TRUE, warn.conflicts = warn.conflicts,
[1] TRUE
[1] TRUE
Error in getClass(Class, where = topenv(parent.frame())) :
          "MIAME" is not a defined class
Execution halted
cat: stdout: Broken pipe
ERROR: execution of package source for 'affy' failed
** Removing '/opt/local/lib/R/library/affy'
Warning message:
Installation of package affy had non-zero exit status in:
installPkg(fileName, pkg, pkgVer, type, lib, repEntry, versForce)
 From URL:
http://www.bioconductor.org/repository/release1.3/package/Source
        tkWidgets version 1.3.0
        affy version 1.3.27