[BioC] Re: Bioconductor Digest, Vol 11, Issue 36

Alex F. Bokov yjih74b02 at sneakemail.com
Mon Jan 26 22:21:22 MET 2004

Yeah, I have the same problem. There are lots of ready-made search
solutions out there, and I hope the list admins eventually adopt one of
them. In the meantime, I do my searches "off-line". I downloaded all the
archives to my computer and then installed WinGrep
(http://www.wingrep.com/). As the name suggests, it allows you to use
regular expressions. Furthermore, it has a nice graphical interface that
shows you not only the file hits, but also a few words of context
surrounding the matched phrase. A must-have for Windows users.

Of course Linux users are probably laughing at us, and I can't say I
blame them.

--
                               --Sincerely, Alex F. Bokov
                                 Department of Physiology