[BioC] Dye swap time course experiment in marrayinput

Richard Friedman friedman at cancercenter.columbia.edu
Fri Jan 23 15:18:19 MET 2004

Dear Bioconductor Users,

	I have a time course experiment using a dye swap There are 18 slides
in all, and a tiff file
for each slide.The  slides may be described as

condition1cy3-condition2cy5 time1	3 slides  6 tiff files
condition1cy5-condition2cy3 time1 3 slides  6 tiff files
condition1cy3-condition2cy5 time2 3 slides  6 tiff files
condition1cy5-condition2cy3 time2 3 slides  6 tiff files
condition1cy3-condition2cy5 time3 3 slides  6 tiff files
condition1cy5-condition2cy3 time3 3 slides  6 tiff files

My question: In marrayinput, when I read in the files, preparatory to
normalization,
I have to use a file analogous to SwirlSample.txt in the example.  In
that file, do
I read in:

1. All 18 slides.
or
2. Just the 6 slides from the first time point, so that the slides from
the other 2 time points
should be read in and normalized in separate runs.

Thanks and best wishes,
Rich
Richard A. Friedman, PhD
Associate Research Scientist
Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center
Oncoinformatics Core
Lecturer
Department of Biomedical Informatics
Box 95, Room 130BB or P&S 1-420C
Columbia University Medical Center
630 W. 168th St.
New York, NY 10032
(212)305-6901 (5-6901) (voice)
friedman at cancercenter.columbia.edu
http://cancercenter.columbia.edu/~friedman/

"Spring, Summer, and Winter.
Then Fall came along,
and that's the end of our song,
and the pigeons never hibernate at all".
-Rose Friedman, age 7
(These are the correct lyrics and supersede
the version previously at the end of my sig)